Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) are important precepts for Wageningen University & Research. They are expressed in our mission, 'To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life,' and in our ambition to take a leading role in the area of sustainable operational management. In short, Wageningen University & Research stands for sustainability.
For instance, in addition to the twenty BSc degrees and 28 MSc degrees we offer, there are a great many PhD students and students of the Lifelong Learning programme studying sustainability. Independent research always has a sustainability component.
You can find the latest information on this topic on Wageningen University & Research's news and calendar pages. In addition, Wageningen University & Research is at the forefront of sustainable operational management.
An overview of the results so far:
- In 2015 Wageningen University & Research reached climate-neutrality with 40% fewer CO2 emissions compared to 2010. A substantial contribution was the generation of 77,5 million kWh of sustainable wind energy by our windmill parks in Lelystad.
- Wageningen Campus is one of the most sustainable knowledge centres in the Netherlands. Examples are thermal storage at Wageningen Campus and the use of stringent sustainability criteria for building construction, maintenance and renovation.
- In the Transparancy Benchmark 2015Wageningen University & Research scores highest from all Dutch universities for the fourth year in a row.
- Wageningen University wins the SustainaBul Award 2016 and is the most sustainable university in the Netherlands for the fourth year in a row.
- The Green Man appears regularly at Wageningen Campus to raise as much awareness of sustainability as possible.
- Green Office Wageningen let us keep a sharp focus by posing critical questions about sustainability. Some of the activities are: the Green Teacher Award, Meatless Monday in the restaurants of Wageningen Campus and GreenMatch for sustainable study subjects for students.