You can be admitted to one of our Bachelor programmes, if you have the proper pre-education.
Please note that, with the exception of the Bachelor Tourism, fluency in Dutch is a requirement to be admitted to a Bachelor programme.
To be admitted to one of the Bachelor programmes at Wageningen University you require:
- A secondary school leaving certificate (equivalent to a Dutch VWO diploma) which gives admission to a university.
- A list of subjects (taken at the required level) which are relevant to the programme you are applying for. (Most of our bachelor programmes require a high level of mathematics, some also require biology and/or chemistry and/or physics or economics).
- Fluency in the Dutch language. Students who do not have a Dutch VWO diploma should be in the possession of an NT2-II (Dutch as a second language) certificate. (Except for the Bachelor Tourism.)
- Fluency in the English language (especially for the Bachelor Tourism).
If the language of instruction during the secondary school education was not English you will require:
- IELTS test overall grade 6
- TOEFL test (paper-based 550; internet-based 79-80)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: pass at grade C
- Cambridge First Certificate: pass at grade B/C
- Dutch VWO diploma: English
- German ‘Abitur’: English at ‘Grundkurs’
If you have questions about admission to the Bachelor programmes you can send these questions to the Bachelor Admission Committee (Use the Questions & Answers)