Do you have a good command of English (CEFR level high C1-C2) already, but would you like to speak even more fluently and continue practising your speaking skills? This is your chance. This twelve-week course offers you the opportunity to practise under the guidance of a native speaker.
Advanced Speaking Skills: C1-C2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme, with the teacher employing a variety of teaching methods. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course thus creating a course that caters to the specific needs of the students on it.
Below you will find a brief overview of some of the themes of the course
• effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques
• the world of work: discussing your work and professional experience
• developing an argument and the use of persuasive language
• debating/presenting/defending an argument
• discussing your future plans and making predictions
• discussing current affairs
• using vague language
• tactful and diplomatic language
• the importance of vocabulary and tone
• socialising and telling anecdotes
• idioms and expressions
• the idiosyncrasies of English
The course runs for 12 weeks. There will be 1 weekly class of 1 hour and 30 minutes. In addition to the classes, you will also need to spend 2 hours on homework each week to reach the intended level.
Dates and times
This course is offered in February and September each year.
|21 September||14 December||Thursday||13.30 - 15.30 hrs.|
- 21st Century Communication 4
Employee fee: € 418
Regular fee: € 465
Prior to registration: placement test
To make sure everyone is placed in the right course, new course participants are obliged to take the free Oxford Online Placement Test. This particular course requires a score of 80. Please note: registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an appointment through our online calendar.
Please note that it is not possible to withdraw your subscription online. If you are unable to attend your appointment please let us know by phone (+31 317 48 25 52) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.