Are you the first point of contact for university staff or students and are you increasingly required to speak English in your job? Would you like to do so in a confident and customer-focused manner? Then our Hospitality English course is just the thing for you.
This course is intended for the following Wageningen University & Research* staff:
- Front desk & reception staff, Outpatient department staff and Secretarial staff
- Porters and security staff
- Catering staff
* The course can be tailored to suit specific departmental requirements and job functions at our outside Wageningen University & Research.
Hospitality English: on the way to B2 (CEFR)
The course consists of several modules. Each participant will take the standard modules covering the basics of communicating in English. In addition, you will choose a number of job position-specific modules to complete the course programme in consultation with the teacher.
All modules primarily focus on the verbal skills you need in your daily work practice. However, during the course attention can also be paid to literacy skills using department-specific material when possible.
Standard modules (for all participants)
- Polite greetings, small talk
- Giving instructions (general)
- Checking & clarifying information
- Generally polite & helpful formulas
Job position-specific modules:
Front desk & reception and secretarial staff
- Instructions on how to use the printer, coffee & snack machines
- How to pay for parking/where to park
- How to give directions around the campus
- How to make, confirm and check room/equipment reservations
- How to take and check details: names, addresses, numbers, email addresses etc. (both face-to-face & online)
- How to provide assistance in an emergency
Porters and security staff
- How & where to park cars, bikes, bring delivery trucks etc.
- To check details of reservations of room/equipment reservations
- To take details/handle complaints of faulty equipment etc.
- To provide assistance in an emergency
- How to handle thefts (take details/reassurance etc)
- How to confirm identities
- How to take reservations & confirm numbers
- How to check requirements for an event
- How to offer further services
- How to handle complaints/deal with expectations of resources available
- How to discuss special requirements, inc. knowledge of dietary requirements & allergies
- How to provide assistance during events
Thanks to the different available modules, the course can easily be tailored to suit specific departmental requirements and job functions in and outside Wageningen UR.
The course consists of twelve classes of 1.5 hours per week. You will be expected to spend 2-4 hours on self-study each week.
Course material will be supplied by the teacher online via Blackboard. Therefore students will need to have access to a computer and the internet. For some modules, additional handouts will be given in class.
Dates and times
This course is offered in February and September each year.
|12 September||12 December||Tuesday||10.30 - 12.30 hrs.|
If you are taking the course in the context of Wageningen University & Research Language Policy, your skills will be tested in the final class. If you pass this test, you will receive a Wageningen in’to Languages certificate. Should you not pass, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance (providing you have attended enough classes).
- Employee fee: € 418
- Regular fee: € 465
Prior to registration: placement test
To make sure everyone is placed in the right course, new course participants are obliged to take the free Oxford Online Placement Test. This course needs a score of at least 40. Please note: registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an appointment through our online calendar.
Please note that it is not possible to withdraw your subscription online. If you are unable to attend your appointment please let us know by phone (+31 317 48 25 52) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are not sure whether a course fits your level or matches the study goals you have set for yourself, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Centre.
T: +31 317 48 25 52