Do you have a reasonably good command of English (CEFR level high B2) already, but would you like to speak even more fluently and comfortably? Do you want to continue practising your speaking skills? This is your chance. This twelve-week course offers you the opportunity to practise under the guidance of a native speaker.
Speaking Skills: B2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme, with the teacher employing a variety of teaching methods. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course thus creating a course that caters to the specific needs of the students on it.
Below you will find a brief overview of some of the themes of the course:
- effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques;
- the world of work: discussing your work and professional experience;
- developing an argument and the use of persuasive language;
- on the work floor: talk about your job and your experiences as an employee;
- discussing your future plans and making predictions;
- discussing current affairs;
- learning about vague language;
- the importance of vocabulary and tone;
- socialising and telling anecdotes;
- idioms and expressions;
- the idiosyncrasies of English.
The course runs for 12 weeks. There will be 1 weekly class of 1 hour and 30 minutes. In addition to the classes, you will also need to spend 2 hours on homework each week to reach the intended level.
Dates and times
This course is offered in February and September each year.
|11 September||4 December||Monday||13.30 - 15.00 hrs.|
- 21th Century Communication 3
If you follow the course in the context of Wageningen University & Research Language Policy, your skills will be tested in class. Upon passing the course, you will receive a certificate from Wageningen in’to Languages.
|Fees for employees||€ 418|
|Regular fee||€ 465|
Prior to registration: placement test
To make sure everyone is placed in the right course, new course participants are obliged to take the free Oxford Online Placement Test. This particular course requires a score between 60 and 80. Please note: registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an appointment through our online calendar.