On this page you can find information about application for a Master of Science programme of Wageningen University. This information is specified for Dutch prospective students. Information for EU or non-EU students can be found on other pages.
Steps to enrolment
2. Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Dutch or English (or a certified English translation). Students in the final year of their Bachelor may also apply for admission prior to graduation. The Academic Committee on Admissions can tentatively admit students based on a transcript of their academic record and the expected date of graduation. To enrol as a student a certified copy of the bachelor degree must be submitted before September 1.
3. Transcript of academic records (list of subjects and marks obtained during the bachelor) in Dutch or English. When enrolling as a student a certified copy of the transcript of academic records will have to be submitted.
4. English language proficiency test results
>> More information: English Language Profiency for Dutch students.
5. A statement of motivation/purpose in English explaining why you wish to enrol in the chosen programme and, if applicable, an indication of the programme’s practical value to your profession (one page maximum).
6. A typed Curriculum Vitae in English or brief personal history
All documents must be submitted as PDF files.
Only complete applications will be submitted to the Academic Committee on Admissions (it can take up to two months to process the application). Your application will be processed in the Student Tracking Admission Registration System (STARS). You will receive a registration letter (by email) containing a user-name and a password. With this user-name and password you can check your application status.
Only complete applications will be submitted to the Academic Committee on Admissions.
All applicants will be informed by email of the outcome of their application (even if the application is not accepted).
An applicant who does not meet the admission requirements and is rejected by the Academic Committee on Admissions of Wageningen University will receive notification to this effect as soon as possible. The applicant may lodge an appeal against the decision.
Dutch students can arrange their housing through Idealis or they can rent a room in one of the student houses in Wageningen.
**PLEASE NOTE: Enrolment as a student at Wageningen University is only possible as of September 1 or as of February 1* (when the study programme has an official 2nd starting date or when the Programme Director of a programme without a second starting moment gives his or her consent in writing).
Enrolment as a student at any other time is only possible in exceptional cases and with permission of the Programme Director and the Head of the Student Service Centre.
The application form for the Master Programmes starting in September 2018 will be available from the half of October onwards.
*See "Application deadlines Master Programmes" for the programmes starting in February.