To apply for EM-SANF:
1. Fill in the application form that you can find in the link at the right;
2. Check the application form carefully and submit it;
3. Wait until you receive your registration number;
4. Send the required documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your registration number in the subject of your e-mail and make sure you give clear names to all your documents!
These are the required documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent (or certified English translation)
- Transcript of academic records (or certified English translation)
- Results of English language test (if applicable)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of your passport showing date, place of issue, date of expiration and personal details
- 1 Photograph (passport size)
- 2 Letters of recommendation by the 2 referees mentioned
- Not obligatory: Abstract of thesis (summary of thesis you wrote for your BSc/MSc degree).
At our homepage some practical downloads are available that may guide you through the application procedure.
The selection of students for the EM-SANF programme by the Consortium is according to formal admission conditions:
- BSc degree in Animal Sciences, Biology or Veterinary Sciences with a number of prerequisites (Mathematics, Statistics and Chemistry).
- Grade point average needs to be at minimum 70% of the maximum score.
The following qualifications are acceptable as evidence of proficiency in English*:
- IELTS overall grade 6.0 (with a minimum sub-score of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL internet-based 80 (with a minimum sub-score of 20 for speaking)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): pass at grade C or above.
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): pass at grade B or above.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) pass at grade C or above.
Applicants who have completed their Bachelor or Master degree in one of the following countries: Australia, Ireland, Canada (except those educated at universities in Quebec), New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America are exempted from submitting an English proficiency test.
Nationals of one of the following countries, Bangladesh, Botswana, Bhutan, Cameroon, Cyprus, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, The Philippines, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe who have completed their Bachelor or Master degree in their homecountry are strongly encouraged to submit a sufficient result of an English proficiency test. If this is not possible, a signed statement from the university that the medium of instruction during the complete Bachelor’s programme they followed was English is required.
All other applicants need to submit a sufficient result of an English language proficiency test.
PLEASE NOTE: For admission to the EM-SANF programme, our English requirements for Ethiopian and Eritrean applicants have changed. Nationals of Ethiopia and Eritrea will be required to submit sufficient English language test results (IELTS, TOEFL internet-based).
The admission committee reserves the right to request any applicant to submit an English language proficiency test.
Deadlines for the course starting in August 2017:
- April 15 2016: Application deadline for all non-EU students applying for the programme not applying for the EM-SANF scholarship.
- June 15 2016: Application deadline for all EU students applying for the programme not applying for the EM-SANF scholarship.
*Note: data of selected candidates may be used for the purposes of evaluating the Erasmus+ Programme and will be made available to the Agency, the EM National Structures, the EU Delegations and the Erasmus+ Student and Alumni Association, acting as stakeholders of the programme.
After verifying the admission criteria, students will be selected based on the following qualitative selection criteria (in order of importance):
- List of subjects taken during the BSc level with grades obtained
- Signed explanation of your own composition stating why you would like to attend the European Master programme and how this programme will help you in your work and career
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference
Applicants for EM-SANF will get information about their admission and the further steps to be taken towards their enrolment in May.
Right of appeal
Applicants who have not been selected to the programme and are dissatisfied with the selection result may ask for rectification in writing if they believe an error has been made in the evaluation or selection procedure. The letter has to be addressed to the EM-SANF Consortium Committee and it has to arrive within 21 days of the notification of the selection results. The letter must include the name of the applicant, the decision concerned, the correction requested and the grounds for the rectification.