Cellular Biochemistry is the central theme in which we combine molecular genetics, bioinformatics and spectroscopic techniques. In many of the scientific questions we address it is essential to have complete genomic DNA sequences available. A novel approach is the use of protein structure analysis to unravel ancient functions of modern proteins.
The research in Biochemistry is organized into six areas.
- Plant Embryogenesis (Dolf Weijers / Sacco de Vries)
- Plant Development (Dolf Weijers)
- Enzymes@Work (Willem van Berkel)
- Proteomics / Metabolomics (Jacques Vervoort)
- Protein Folding and Stability (Carlo van Mierlo)
- Biomolecular Imaging (Jan Willem Borst)