Wageningen University & Research - Library is a state of the art library in which visitors can find all the study facilities they need. The Library has various work stations, and offers a wide range of printing, copying and scanning options.
A large collection of handbooks, dictionaries, bibliographies and other resources help you with your studies and research, as do the Library staff and their expertise.
A wireless guest network is available. The Library staff can help you set up an account. Network connecting points are available for laptops. You can borrow a network cable at the Lending Desk in the Forum Library.
Wageningen UR staff and students can log onto one of the pc's in the library, using their personal WUR account.
For the general public, Windows Based Terminals are available for internet use and review purposes. These terminals do not have the same facilities the pc’s do. They are only suited for using our digital library and other internet resources. Moreover, printing is not possible.
Multifunctional copiers are available for scanning, printing and copying. These multifunctionals use the 'eWallet', a payment system that has been integrated into the WUR card, which all students and employees have.
- Students can add credit on their eWallet to print, to scan or to copy.
- Employees can use the multifunctionals free of charge when using their WUR card.
- Visitors who want to copy or print in the library can purchase a pre-paid eWallet in the atrium of the Forum. The card costs € 8.50 and comes with € 7.50 credit. It is possible to add credit to this card.
Do you only want to make a few copies, and you don't have a WUR card? Then you can borrow a pre-paid eWallet from the Forum Library’s front desk. You’ll be charged for the copies when you return the card. You can pay by debit card. Unfortunately, visitors without WUR card cannot scan at the library.
In the Forum Library, several special study rooms are available:
- Room 351: Silent Study Room with 4 study spaces for BYOD and 4 computer work places
- Room 451: Silent Study Room with 4 study spaces for BYOD and 4 computer work places
- Room 460: Computer Room with 20 computer work spaces
- Room 464: Discussion Room for small groups
- Room 465: Group Working Room for one group from 4 to 8 eight people
- Room 466: Very Silent Room with 6 study spaces.
If you have a question, turn to the library staff at the Lending Desk. The library staff can help you use bibliographic databases, etc.
At the Lending Desk in the Forum Library you can purchase head phones and ear plugs. Maps of Wageningen are available, as are in the Leeuwenborch Library.