Are you ready to broaden and deepen your knowledge and understanding of nutrition and (hot) climate in poultry? Join this two day course. The course nutrition and (hot) climate in poultry might be just the thing for you. In the course basic aspects of nutrition and acclimation physiology and the interaction between the impact of climate conditions on nutrition and the nutritional requirements of poultry will be covered.
This course took place 20 & 21 April 2017, the next edition is expected to be scheduled around April 2019.
Nutrition and (hot)climate in poultry: new developments and practical implications
The course includes a variety of presentations spread over two consecutive days. The topics are introduced by different experts and there will be an ample opportunity for discussion. In this course we will pay attention to the following subjects:
• Interaction of climate and nutrition (and immunology)
• Thermoregulation and physiological responses upon climate stress
• Chick development and early management in relation to (hot) climate
• Nutrition and ingredients in hot climate
• Heat stress in laying hens
Presentations and documentation will be in English.
The course is aimed at professionals working as a nutritionist, advisor, veterinarian, manager, teacher or researcher. But also other professionals involved in poultry production or from the (supplying) industry or government are welcome in this course.
After the course, the participants understand:
• The scientifi c basis of the interaction between (hot) climate and nutrition as well as the effects of individual feed ingredients;
• The infl uence of nutrition and climate on immunology, stress and the occurrence of metabolic diseases;
• The importance of nutrition and climate for a high-quality, safe end product;
• The latest developments in the field against the background of changing societal perceptions of poultry production practices.
The programme will become avaible as soon as course registration opens.