Need to find funding because your current grant is running out? Have a great idea but have no idea how to turn it into a grant? Able to craft your ideas into a grant but miss the finesses in English to give your grant that unique appeal?
This course is offered in collaboration with Wageningen Graduate Schools (WGS).
Writing Grant Proposals will teach you how to write a clear, concise and attractive grant proposal that meets the requirements of funding agencies.
PhD candidates, post-doc researchers and staff who are currently writing a grant proposal or have a topic they want to develop into a grant proposal
- Write a concise and appealing proposal
- Write in a form that meets the requirements of funding agencies
- Write faster and more effectively in English
- Learn from specialist fundraisers and grant recipients how they obtain funds
- Learn about your strengths and weaknesses through the course instructor’s correcting and editing of your proposal
- Learn to critically read and edit colleagues’ proposals
Course duration and credits
- Five 2.5-hour sessions
- 44 hours of self-study
- 2.0 ECTS
Dates and times
Writing Grant Proposals is given twice a year. Please click below for the course schedule.
- Reader ‘Writing Grant Proposals’
- The course material is included in the course fee and will be distributed in the first session.
Participants must attend 4 of 5 course sessions and submit their assignment(s) to receive a certificate.
|Reduced fee||€ 260|
|University fee||€ 520|
|External fee||€ 720|
*Fee includes study and training material. Coffee/tea and lunches are not included.
- PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK).
- Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools.
- PhDs of the national graduate school SENSE with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP).
- All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff.
- All other participants.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement. In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree). In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.