Volg mij op:
Verina works on two FNP research programs themes: The global-local nexus - focusing on governance practices in forest and natural product value chains and Participation, private actors and public engagement looking at plural governance arrangements in forest and natural product value chains and landscapes.
Two areas have dominated Verina's research interests in the last twelve years: Value chains of forest products and agro-commodities from tropical landscapes which bring together people, places and products. Verina has researched how trade impacts the species and ecosystems these products originate from and examined how the livelihoods of people involved in value chains of these products from different perspectives: income, vulnerability, employment and social capital. Governance is my second major interest, investigating how and why different governance arrangements operate (regulations, customary, collective, certification and corporate schemes) and their impacts. Verina explores national level economic, chain and household level impacts, distinguishing differences due to geographic location, and social constructs such as gender.
With Wageningen Economic Research, Verina works on impact evaluations of agriculutral and forest commodities and thier value chains, and on the nexus between food, energy, water, climate and landuse for public and private sector clients.
- ISEAL Alliance, Living Income working group, lid sinds2014
- Member of Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade, Workgroup on Sustainable Forestry Indicators sinds 2013
- International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC), lid sinds 2010
- Africa Study Centre Community, University of Leiden, Fellow sinds 2009
- Western Highlands Conservation Network, Cameroon, honorary member since 2010
- Vereniging Tropische Bossen (Tropical Forestry Association), lid sinds 2008
- Society for Economic Botany, lid sinds 2008
- Commonwealth Forestry Association, lid sinds 2008
- Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, associate lid sinds2008
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA), lid sinds 2000, Biodiversity Coordinator 2006-2010
International Forestry Review, Editorial Board member, since December 2014.
Invited advisory board member
- Lid Nederlands ChocoWerkGroep multi-stakeholder platform, since 2013.
- Chocoa advisory board, sinds 2014.
- Lid Dutch NEN/CEN/ISO committee Sustainable Cocoa Standard, sinds 2014
- Guiding Hope / Guide dEspoir, Advisory Director since 2008