Are you an entrepreneur or an employee at a company, government, non-profit organization or education institute and do you have a topical question? Would you like to team up with a group of students and benefit from their advice and knowledge about a certain topic? Becoming an applicant of a real-life case in the education of Wageningen University could offer solutions to your question(s).
Read more about what we expect from a commissioner below:
Send us a description of the project by filling in the contact form. Here you can also read more about submitting a project.
- During the first three weeks of the project, the commissioner is requested to be available two to three times for a short interview. This will give the students the opportunity to write a project- and budget proposal.
- The commissioner judges the project- and budget proposal as if the students were a professional consulting firm.
- Hereupon, the commissioner is asked to have contact with the students a few times. This implies that the commissioner is available for one or two meetings during the project, and is also available for contact via e-mail.
- In addition, he or she must be available for one meeting at the end, which may or may not be followed by the final presentation.
The dates for these meetings are largely fixed before the start of the project and are communicated when a project has been submitted.
- The commissioner is asked to reimburse the expenses incurred – such as travel expenses, printing costs, etc. of students. The amount of these expenses depends on the request of the commissioner. For example, the costs increase if the students have to travel more often. The costs usually vary between 300 and 800 euros.
- The course requires a 50 euro administration cost. The students make a budget overview in advance and ask the commissioner to approve this.
- After the agreement has been reached, both parties, plus a representative from the university, sign the final quotation and the project plan, giving it the status of a contract.
- The final bill will never exceed the approved and signed budget and only the actual costs incurred will be charged.
- The commissioner must be aware that although the students are studying at master level, the teams are still operating in a learning environment.
This means that the commissioner is expected to be open for the supervision of the students. It is expected that the student can learn professional skills and gain experience in order to achieve their long term learning goals. Besides, this also means that the output of the students cannot be used by the commissioner as publications from Wageningen University (disclaimer).