The call for the WIAS graduate programme is open to all MSc students from Wageningen University who graduate in _____. The proposals must be written by the candidate with feedback from the anticipated supervisors of the project. All applications need to be accompanied by a letter of support from the main supervisor(s) of the project and must be submitted to Nicole Rodenburg (nicole.rodenburg@WUR.nl).
The grant covers the 4-year salary costs of the candidate. Research costs are to be covered by the chair group that is hosting the PhD candidate.
Conditions for application
- The daily supervisor/promotor is a WIAS member
- Each WIAS promotor can only be part of maximum one application.
- The candidate has obtained or will obtain his/her WU MSc degree in ____
- The proposal should be in line with the WIAS mission
Selection of the candidates
A selection committee, composed of WIAS scientific staff, WIAS Board members and/or members of the WIAS International Advisory Board, will assess the submissions based on:
- Quality of the candidate (40%)
- Motivation of the candidate
- CV of the candidate
- Scientific quality and originality (30%)
- Scientific and/or societal impact of the proposed research (30%)
From the applications a maximum of six candidates will be invited to present themselves and their research in an interactive session with the selection committee. In the presentation the candidate is asked to elaborate on the research project and their motivation. The selection committee will base its final judgement on the proposal, review reports, presentation and the interview.
|15 August 2023
||Deadline submission proposals
|15 August - 30 September
||Peer review procedure
|16 October 2023
||Announcement of selected candidates for interview
|end October 2023
||Interviews and decision