Who can apply for a change of purpose of a residence permit?
The Doctoral Service Centre can arrange the change of the purpose of a residence permit for a PhD candidate if:
- The PhD candidate has a scholarship or own financing for living allowances of at least the amount that the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service requires. This amount is adjusted twice a year on 1 January and 1 July and is € 1509,-/month between 1 July 2023 and 1 January 2024;
- The PhD candidate is not employed by WUR;
When to apply for a change of purpose of a residence permit?
The Doctoral Service Centre can assist to change the purpose of your residence permit if a contact person from your chair group sends a complete submission to the PhD office at the latest 6 weeks before the current residence permit ends.
If you have the plan to travel immediately after the start date of the change of purpose of the residence permit, please note that the application must be submitted to us at latest 10 weeks before the start date, otherwise it could be that the residence permit card is not ready before departure.
The costs for extension of the residence permit are € 207,-. These costs will be passed on to the chair group.
How to apply
A contact person from the chair group sends all documents stated below in one email to the Doctoral Service Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the course of the application procedure, the PhD candidate and the applicant will receive information and instructions from the Doctoral Service Centre.
(NOTE: all documents that must be signed by the PhD candidate must be checked for the right signature. The signature must be the same as on the passport)
- The forms antecedents certificate, permission to use personal details and information form PhD candidates filled in by the candidate;
- The information form chair group filled in by the contact person from the chair group;
- A clear scan of the passport (with signature, personal details page and stamped pages). The passport must still be valid for at least 6 months when the Doctoral Service Centre submits the application to the IND.;
- Copy of the front and back of the current permit residence pass;
- The signed form: Hosting agreement Doctoral Service Centre office. Please see the instruction.
Proof of sufficient finances for the requested period of residence consisting of:
If you have any questions, please contact the Doctoral Service Centre via email@example.com.