The Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) and Wageningen University & Research invite all students from ELLS universities to join the ELLS Scientific Student Conference. The aim of this conference is to encourage you as a student within the Life Sciences to engage with one another, and allow you the chance to disseminate your own research related to the headline ‘Life Sciences: looking across disciplines’ and the five subthemes elaborated below.
|Organised by||Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS)|
|Hosted by||Wageningen University & Research|
|Date||From Friday 9 November 2018 to Saturday 10 November 2018|
|Location||Orion, Wageningen Campus|
What is a Scientific Student Conference
A scientific conference is a meeting of scientists where they present their work, can broaden their knowledge about a certain topic and exchange ideas. A student conference means that students will be the ones that will present their work. During this conference there are awards for the students with the best poster and presentation. On top of the scientific part of the conference there are also other activities organized, such as a student party.
Subthemes of the Scientific Student Conference
BSc, MSc and first-year PhD students (at the time of submission of the abstract) of universities affiliated to the ELLS network:
BOKU-Austria, CAU-China, CULS-Czech Republic, HUJI-Israel, LU-New Zealand, SCIENCE-Denmark, SLU-Sweden, UHOH-Germany, WULS-SGGW-Poland, WUR-The Netherlands.
How to participate
Step 1: Submit your abstract
We invite you to submit your abstract before
15 June 2018 30 June 2018 (23:59 o'clock). The best abstracts will be chosen and those students will be given the opportunity to present their research in an oral presentation or poster presentation, including a poster pitch.
Step 2: Abstract review.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee (scientists from ELLS member Universities) in July-August 2018. Authors will be notified in the beginning of September whether their abstract has been accepted. Notification of final assignment (oral presentation or poster presentation) will follow in due course.
Step 3: Registration for the conference.
After confirmation of your participation you have to register for the conference via this website. Registration will open in September. If you did not submit an abstract or if your abstract was rejected you may also participate as an audience member.
The programme is updated continuously.
- Participation fee: free of charge
- Travel: Participating students must arrange and pay for their own travels to/from Wageningen as well as local transportation in Wageningen.
- Accommodation: Suggestions for accommodation can be found on the website in due course. Prices will be between 25 and 35 euro per person, per night.
- Accommodation grants: From each member university, the best abstracts will be selected. The students that handed in these abstracts will receive an accommodation grant for 3 nights, Thursday - Sunday. Winners of the accommodation grants are notified in September after the review process. In addition, some universities may support authors with travel scholarships.
- Meals: Lunch on Friday and Saturday as well as dinner on Friday is provided by the conference. Breakfast and additional meals will be the student's own responsibility.