On the 28th and 29th of November, a Water & Potato Challenge will be held in Tehran, Iran. It is the perfect opportunity for Iranian students or graduates to present their groundbreaking ideas on preserving water in agriculture. Alumni are invited to join the network reception at the final day of this event.
The event is organised by Wageningen University & Research together with the Embassy of the Netherlands in Iran and the Iranian Seed Potato Union. The Challenge will take place in the Parsian Azadi Hotel in Tehran.
Every alumnus/alumna that has contributed to this event by spreading the message is welcome at the network reception at the Residence of the Dutch Ambassador on the last day of the Challenge. Please send an email to Michelle Damen if you would like to come, so she can send you the official invitation.
- You will have to explain your idea/technique/product in maximum one page of written text, and possibly one page of sketches.
- The concept should be in the field of water & agriculture, preferably related to potatoes, but that is not necessary.
- The applicant should have the Iranian nationality.
- The applicant should be a student, a PhD-candidate, or recently graduated.
- The proposal should be written in English.
- The proposal should be submitted individually or by a group of no more than four people.
- The proposal should be uploaded on this website before the 31st of October 2017.
For application (before the 31st of October) and more information, go to the website: Water & Potato Challenge