Connected to the visit of the WIMEK International Advisory Board (IAB), a WIMEK symposium is organised for the IAB and all WIMEK members: staff, PhD candidates and postdocs.
Participation is free, but registration is required.
Registration deadline: Monday 26 September, 9 AM.
12:00 - 12:15: Welcome by WIMEK director Carolien Kroeze and/or former WIMEK director Huub Rijnaarts; short explanation to the programme and presentation of .
12:15 - 13:00: Walking lunch / poster presentations
13:00 - 15:00: Transdisciplinary research approaches at WIMEK (chair: dr. Jillian Student)
- Introduction by , postdoc
- Keynote , professor and chair Environmental Policy WUR
- Keynote , professor of Development Studies University of London
- Case 1: by , professor Water and Climate Change
- Case 2: by , professor Aquatic Ecology and Water Quality Management
- Case 3: by , associate professor Environmental Technology
- Case 4: by , chair holder Land Use Planning Group
- Plenary discussion: what can WIMEK do to strengthen transdisciplinary research approaces?
15:00 - 15:30 Coffee and tea break
15:30 - 16:30 Three parallel sessions with PhD pitches connected to WIMEK's Grand Challenges
16:30 - 17:00 Three parallel sessions: How can WIMEK strengthen its societal impact regarding each of its three Grand Challenges?
17:00 - 17:30 Plenary session: summary and reflection
17:30 - 18:00 Drinks and bites