Biotechnology is a fast developing field of science and technology with impact on many disciplines. Public discussions on biotechnology are often controversial.
Students following a Bachelor with major in engineering or life science other than BSc Biotechnology will learn more about the exciting developments in biotechnology when following this BSc minor.
After successful completion of this minor students are expected to be able to:
- explain basic principles of genetic engineering, enzymology and process engineering;
- apply recombinant DNA and biochemical techniques;
- apply (mathematic) tools for process engineering and modelling;
- apply basic regulations when working with genetically modified micro-organisms;
- understand basics in process engineering.
This minor is interesting for:
- BBI Biology
- BAS Animal Sciences
- BFT Food Technology
- BES Environmental Sciences
- BPW Plant Sciences
- BVG Nutrition and Health
- The Bachelor Chemical Engineering
For all bèta BSc programmes.
Overlapping courses or content with
BBT Biotechnology, BML Molecular Life Sciences. Both cannot join this minor due to overlap with their programme.
Second semester (period 4, 5 and 6)
Programme or thematic