You can be admitted to one of our bachelor's programmes, if you have the proper pre-education.
To be admitted to one of the bachelor's programmes at Wageningen University, you need to:
- Be in possession of a secondary school leaving certificate (a Dutch ‘vwo-diploma’ or an equivalent to a Dutch pre-university diploma) which gives admission to a university, and;
- Have studied certain subjects (at a required level) relevant to the programme you are applying for, and;
- Be fluent in the English language.
Wageningen University accepts the following test scores and diploma as valid proof of your English language ability.
- IELTS Academic test: overall grade 6, with a minimum sub-score of 6.0 for speaking
- TOEFL test: internet-based: 80, with a minimum sub-score of 20 for speaking
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): grade C or above
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE): grade B or above
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grade C above
- RATEr: listening pass, reading pass, writing borderline, speaking borderline
- Dutch VWO diploma: English
Dutch HAVO diploma: English 7 or above
IELTS and TOEFL tests should have been taken no longer than two years prior to the application.
If your diploma is on this list, your English level is determined to be at pre-university level and you can be exempted from any further English language requirements.
Applicants who have completed their secondary school education in Australia, Ireland, Canada (except for schools in Quebec), New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America are exempted from taking an English language proficiency test.
If you have questions about admission to the bachelor's programmes, please check the Questions and Answers for prospective Bachelor students.
Disclaimer: the English language requirements stated above are applicable for the academic year 2017/2018. No rights can be derived from this for the academic year 2018/2019. The English language requirements for the academic year 2018/2019 are to be determined.