Are you applying for a bachelor's programme at Wageningen University & Research? Then you might be eligible for the Holland Scholarship. The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
What is the Holland Scholarship?
This scholarship supports talented students from a number of non-Eu countries. If you are selected you will get a one-time payment of €5000. This will be transferred to your Dutch bank account during the first year of your study. A candidate can be awarded multiple Holland Scholarships, up to a maximum of three (€ 15.000).
On February 1st 2021, we will publish the list of selected countries as well as the application procedure for this scholarship.
After May 1st 2021, all applications will be evaluated by a representation of Wageningen University & Research. They will focus on excellence, the quality and feasibility of your financial plan and diversity of the awardees. All applicants will be informed about the outcome as before June 14th 2021.
The 5 steps of application
- Check if you meet the scholarship requirements as mentioned below.
- Download and fill out the financial plan.
- Upload the financial plan with your application form.
- Apply for the Holland Scholarship by submitting the form.
- Finish your application before 1 May 2020.
- You are an excellent applicant from a non-EU country*.
- You have been unconditionally admitted to one of our bachelor programmes.
- A complete financial plan that explains how the total costs of your study are financed. If you have a partial scholarship, a student loan or private resources for funding, please provide proof of this by uploading a scholarship letter or a bank statement.
- You did not participate in a degree programme in the Netherlands before.
- Please send along with your financial plan a ranking sheet or a reference letter of your previous educational institution as a proof of your excellence. This may help to get the scholarship.
* Students with a double nationality (EU and Non-EEA nationality) must contact the Student Service Centre to check whether they are eligible for a scholarship.
The Holland Scholarships is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is administrated by Nuffic. As part of the scholarship programme the university is obliged to share the following details with both parties:
Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of prior education, email address of awardee, name of university and programme for which the scholarship has been awarded.
Rejected candidates: Nationality, name of university and programme for which the applicant applied.
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: Wageningen University & Research | VSNU | Nuffic | Vereniging Hogescholen | Ministry of Education, Culture and Science