Residence permit search year

Legal Residence in the Netherlands: An important thing to know is that at the moment you graduate or stop your study Wageningen University & Research is legally obliged to inform the Immigration Authorities (IND) that you have graduated/stopped your study. This will mean that the IND will cancel your residence permit for the purpose of study. The IND will inform you by regular mail (post) at the address known to them. It is therefore very important to always inform the authorities of any changes in your address.

Staying in the Netherlands after Graduation: When you would like to stay in the Netherlands after your graduation you will have to apply to the IND for a change of purpose. Before you download the application form from the website of the IND we would like to draw your attention to the site of the Nuffic. On this site information is given about the possibilities of working after your studies (search year for a job/ a PhD position in the Netherlands).

On the IND site, under brochures and forms, you are able to download the form "Application residence permit without MVV or change to purpose of stay". Cost for the application are € 285.-. You need to apply for this change of purpose yourself.  Please bring the application form with you to the Student Desk after the last mark is registered in the system. They need to fill out and sign the page concerning completion of study at Wageningen University & Research before you can send the application form to the IND.

If you need advice on which purpose of stay would best suit your situation, please contact the IND at 088-0430430.

Career in Holland: Orientation Year Visa promotion film.

Health/ legal liability insurance

After your graduation you will have to change your health insurance. It is not possible to use the AON insurance you received through Wageningen University & Research. You can take out health insurance directly at AON, Lippmann or any other insurance company. Carefully check the coverage of the insurance. We strongly advise you to have a legal liability insurance and an insurance which covers repatriation in case of serious illness or death.