Information International Students

If you want to work in the Netherlands, you can visit for reliable and up-to-date information. If you are an EU/EEA member you can work in the Netherlands without restrictions. If you come from outside the EU/EEA, you need to have a work permit and sometimes you need additional insurance. You can find a list of recognised sponsors here. The student service centre can tell you more about the specific regulations that apply to you. If you want to stay in the Netherlands we advise you to learn the Dutch language, this increases your chances of finding a job.

The website of Career in Holland provides up-to-date information on:

Working while studying

If you want to work alongside your studies while staying in the Netherlands, there are some things to keep in mind. Do you need a work permit when you are self-employed? How about when you do an internship? And how many hours are you allowed to work as an international student? In their flyer Working while studying in the Netherlands the Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment answers these questions and more. 

Are you looking for work, or do you want to move up? Start at the Werkclub!

You will receive personal coaching, follow weekly workshops and receive support so that you can find work in the Netherlands or take a step in your career. The Werkclub works together with the European Union ( AMIF ). Participation is 100% free! 

Go to the website of the Werkclub or download the flyer: DOWNLOAD FLYER (NL)


The impact of COVID-19 is felt throughout the globe and has also had an effect on the Dutch labour market and economy. Following these developments, RVO, IND and Nuffic have developed an information sheet for international students. The information sheet sets out different options available for them to stay in the Netherlands after graduation.

Download the flyer: Important message regarding staying in the Netherlands after graduation.