Switch from WU BSc to WU MSc in Wageningen

If you are a current WU BSc student then you are able to continue with your WU MSc as of the 1st of the month following the month that you graduated your WU BSc programme.

It is important to start the procedure well in advance. Do not wait until you have obtained your Bachelor degree.

The way you can enrol for a WU MSc as a WU BSc depends on the moment you graduate in the BSc and the month you would like to start with your MSc.

bsc msc wur eng.jpg

If you graduate in the months September till May and you would like to continue as of the next month with your WU MSc, then you need to follow the procedure ‘Study after the Bachelor’:

  • Go to SSC-online
  • Fill in the form 'Study after the bachelor'

  • Print the form
  • Sign and date the form and submit to the Student Service Centre (Forum) or send it by email to ssc@wur.nl

    On the ‘Study after the bachelor’ form you need to give an expected month and year of graduation. Note: This is an estimation, if you graduate in another month than you had expected, the SSC will change this in your request for enrolment.

    If you graduate in the months September till May and you would like to start your WU MSc per September, you need to apply via Studielink yourself.

    Not directly admissible?

    If you are not directly admissible to the master in which you want to enrol, the admission procedure will be started:

    1. After you have submitted the "Study after the Bachelor" form, we will give you access to our admission tool. There you will be asked to upload your grade list, CV and statement of purpose. Because you have completed your Bachelor's degree at Wageningen University, an English language test is not necessary.

    2. Upload a print screen of your (approved) study program from SPA, in order to inform the admission committee about which courses you have already taken and which you are still planning to do. You might have to take certain subjects to gain admission for your master, the study adviser of the Master's program you are applying to will inform you about this. We advise you to do these courses in your current bachelor program, so before you graduate in the bachelor. To be well prepared, we strongly advise you to contact the student advisor of the Master's program that you want to follow  on time.

    3. The study adviser of the Master's program for which you request admission will make arrangements with you about how you will inform them when you have passed all the required courses.

    4. Of course you also have to take into account that you may not be admissible at all.

    Please note! If you have already graduated in the bachelor, but have not yet completed all the required courses for admission to the master, you must be registered as a Pre-Master student. You can only start the Pre-Master's program as per 1 September or 1 February.

    Master programmes that start in February

    Some master programmes have an official start in February. If you graduated in December or before and you terminated your BSc enrolment yourself in Studielink, you can apply via Studielink for a MSc programme starting in February. If you graduate in January and you would like to continue your MSc in February you need to indicate this on the ‘Study after the bachelor’ form.

    Student who graduate in June or July and would like to continue with their master per 1 July or 1 August are advised to contact SSC. They will explain what steps you need to take to arrange your MSc enrolment.

Bachelor-before-master rule

Wageningen University offers leniency in the bachelor-before-master rule to students who - due to COVID-19 - encounter problems in the transition from their bachelor to a master's programme at Wageningen. For more information go to: Bachelor-before-master rule