Would you like to broaden to broaden and deepen your knowledge on several aspects in poultry nutrition? In this course the basic aspects of feed formulation, nutritional strategies for several poultry species, gut physiology, and effects of climatic conditions on nutrient requirements are discussed in this programme.
Why follow this course?
After the course, the participants understand:
- The scientific basis of the interaction between nutrition and the bird’s metabolic status
- The effects of individual feed ingredients in feed formulation
- The influence of nutrition on immunology, the microbiome, stress and the occurrence of metabolic diseases
- The importance of nutrition and (hot) climatic conditions world-wide
This course was accredited for 17 PE-Veterinair points in 2021, for the 2022 edition new accreditation is in proces.
For whom is this course?
The course is aimed at professionals working as a nutritionist, advisor, veterinarian, manager, teacher or researcher. But also other professionals involved in poultry production or from the (supplying) industry or government are welcome in this course.
Programme and topics
The course includes a variety of presentations spread over three consecutive days. The topics are introduced by different experts and there will be ample opportunity for discussion. In this course we offer you an ‘inspiration dinner’ as well as a session ‘meet the young scientists’ (PhD students with the latest developments in research). An excursion to the Wageningen Campus is included in the programme. The following themes will be covered in the course:
- Feed optimalisation and management;
- Feeding strategies in layers and parent stock;
- Novel solutions;
- Feed and (gut) health broilers;
- Practical approach;
- Nutrition climate interaction;
- Feeding strategy as a function of climate.