WIAS Management Team
The director is responsible for the daily management and operations of the graduate school. Together with the advisory committee and groups he develops his policy within the framework set by the Board. The department of Animal Sciences of the Animal Sciences Group of Wageningen University hosts the management and administration of WIAS.
The Board is responsible for the strategy of the graduate school. The board makes the framework wherein the scientific director can implement his policy. The WIAS director and executive secretary prepare and attend the meetings.
The Board consists of 4 professors of the chair groups associated with WIAS and the chair of the WAPS council.
WIAS PhD Council
The composition and more information can be found on the page of the WAPS council
WIAS International Advisory Board
The International Advisory Board (IAB) advises the Board on the strategy of the research and education of the graduate school. They visit Wageningen once per year.
The committee is formed by renown scientists from all over the world and consists of:
- Prof. dr. Nico van Straalen, Professor Animal Ecology, VU Amsterdam University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Dean of the Amsterdam Graduate School of Science (AGSS)
- Prof. dr. Jos van Putten, Director Institute of Veterinary Research, UU
- Prof. dr. John Speakman, Head of the Energetics Research Group, University of Aberdeen
- Prof. Stephen Hall, Principal, Avalerion Capital, Singapore
- Prof. Jan Erik Lindberg, Professor at the Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
- Dr. Thierry Pineau, president research centre Jouy-en-Josas of INRA, France
WIAS PhD Study Advisors
The Phd study advisors give advice to PhD candidates regarding their Training and Learning Programme (TSP), the learning goals, and how to reach these.