From early 2022 onwards there will be 4 PhD positions made available as part of the endeavour to increase collaboration between Wageningen Research (WR) and Wageningen University (WU). Across WUR there are already some good examples of One WUR cooperation upon which we would like to build further. Therefore each PhD will become part of a KB project, corresponding with the scope of one of the current ‘KennisBasis’ (KB) programmes executed by Wageningen Research. The KB leads (for WR) and the Directors of the Wageningen Graduate Schools (WGS, for WU) will be involved in the selection and set-up of the process.
We are inviting potential WU promotors and WR supervisors to submit a proposal for an innovative, ground-breaking PhD research project that links to one of the fields described below. The proposal should be maximally 2 A4s describing: the PhD research project idea; an introduction of the central research question, the methodology, and expected output and as annex mini CVs (1 page maximum) of supervisors from both Wageningen University and Wageningen Research, and (if applicable) the proposed PhD candidate. The supervising team should consist of at least one supervisor from Wageningen University, and at least one supervisor from Wageningen Research.
Please note that the PhD research project idea will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance for the KB themes by addressing one of the topic descriptions below, the proposal should clearly be linked to one of these topics
- Scientific quality (originality, well-founded research question and research methods)
- Interdisciplinarity (multiple scientific disciplines involved)
- Supervision to be carried out by both WU and WR staff
- Potential for societal impact
- Feasibility (incl. a plan of action; start PhD no later than 1 September 2022)