Confidential advice

Need confidential advice? Perhaps one of the following people can help you.

WIMEK PhD Advisor

The PhD advisor can give you confidential advice on problems related to your PhD research, training and supervision. These problems can pertain to all situations having to do with work, such as conflicts with colleagues, supervisors or problems regarding the appointment or work evaluation. Where possible the research school will act on complaints, for example with line management, but only after approval of the PhD candidate. For complex problems the advisors can help refer you to the best support service.

WIMEK PhD Mentor

The WIMEK PhD mentor is available if you want to talk about issues related to PhD life, such as conflicting interests with supervisors, motivation problems, and planning your work. The PhD mentor has an advisory role, and will act as a sounding board and mirror for the PhD candidate to help address issues before they become larger problems later in the PhD research. Sometimes one meeting with the mentor will be sufficient, in other situations, up to 3 meetings are needed. The meetings with the mentor are confidential, and no report will be made. The mentor will only take action if the PhD candidate agrees. You can make an appointment with the PhD mentor by email.

Judith Westerink studied Tropical Forestry at Wageningen University but shifted to the social sciences. She is attached to WASS and did her PhD on spatial governance next to her work at Wageningen Environmental Research. Judith enjoys cultural differences and spent some time in Kenya, Uganda and Costa Rica. She is married, has three teenage girls and has experience in counselling though her pastoral work in Wageningen.

Social Workers for staff of Wageningen University & Research

This is the point of contact if you want to discuss something with a professional social worker who knows the organisation and who works under a confidentiality code.

You can approach the Occupational Social Work Facility for help and advice for various situations, for example, for questions in connection with work and well-being, such as collaboration problems, reorganisations, stress, personal problems, etc.

Confidential counsellor undesirable behaviour WUR

In case of undesirable behaviour of colleagues or supervisors (including sexual harassment) you should contact the counsellor for undesirable behaviour.

WUR Scientific Integrity Officers

In case of suspected improper scientific acts such as fraud, plagiarism, infringement of copyright or incomplete information, the WUR scientific integrity officers can give advice.

General Practitioner

For both physical and immediate mental issues, please contact your General Practisioner (G.P.). A lot of people in Wageningen have their G.P. doctor at the Nexus building; but others may have chosen a different G.P.. For less urgent psychological issues, you can also first contact Occupational Social Work (see above).