Aims: helping students with personal and/or study problems.
The psychologist offers help with personal problems such as: adaptation difficulties, homesickness, shyness, social anxiety, contact and relation problems, depression, mourning, eating problems, and stress. She also offers help with study problems: discipline, fear of failure, fear of public speaking, concentration, planning and dyslexia or helps to acquire more insight into the background of a study delay.
** During the summer holidays the Walk-in will be closed. Students can email us (email@example.com). During summer a student psychologist will be available. For urgent matters/crisis, follow the usual route: contact 112/your GP/the General Practice Service.
** onwards the Walk-in will be open again, the new opening hours (caused by the extended day schedule) will be: .
Daily Walk-in counselling in Forum (room 011, corridor right of the Student Desk). Open office for urgent support or short questions related to mental or social issues. Here you can tell your story in an accessible way in 15 minutes. During lunchbreak (between 13:00-14:00) there’s a student psychologist available. In the Walk-in, you can tell your story, get some tips if possible and/or you’ll get an advice of where to go to with your request for help. All consultations are confidential.
* To make an appointment you can send us an e-mail. You’ll get an invitation from the first available psychologist. E-mail: Studentpsychologists@wur.nl
* In the intake appointment (+- 60 min.) we’ll listen to your story and you’ll receive an advice (an internal or external referral; some tips; schedule another appointment with one of us).
* All consultations are confidential.
* Please note that it will in general take up to 2 weeks for the first possible appointment.
* Students who need help on a short notice are advised to contact their family doctor, click here for the addresses. You are free to contact the doctors practice of your choice. In general the practice of doctor van der Duin/van Dinther will take new patients, the others might be full but you can always give it a try.
* Consultations are for free for WUR-students.
* It’s also possible to present your problems or questions to the student psychologists via e-mail. E-mail: Studentpsychologists@wur.nl
Visiting address: Nexus building (building no: 117, right across ‘Het Restaurant van de Toekomst’), Akkermaalsbos 14, 6708 WB Wageningen.
* PhD or employee?: If you are a PhD or employee, contact the company doctor or one of the occupational social workers. Surf to https://intranet.wur.nl/umbraco/en/practical-information/objections-complaints/support-mediation/
For emergencies, in case of a life-threatening psychological crisis, or if you feel the need to protect yourself from yourself:
* During the day: Phone your family doctor who can call the crisis service (e.g. family doctor practice van der Duin/van Dinther/Custers: 0317-466600).
* During the evening or weekends: Phone the General practice service (0318-200800) who can call the crisis service.
* Life threatening situation: Call 112.
* Suicidal thoughts: Dial 0900-0113 or chat www.113.nl – at the bottom right, find the button for English.
Links for more information:
Alcohol, drugs, addiction
https://www.trimbos.org/ - Information on alcohol and drugs
http://www.jellinek.nl/english/ - Info and self-help
Anxiety & Depression
- Information on psychological problems
Stress/sleep problems/relaxation exercises
HeadSpace (free app) & www.headspace.com
www.113.nl – chat or call (0900-0113) directly (English or Dutch) or find some info. At the bottom right, you’ll find a button to switch to English.
- Talk (chat/e-mail) to someone about problems, psychological crisis, depression, suicidal thoughts.