Aims: helping students with personal and/or study problems.
The psychologist offers help with personal problems such as: adaptation difficulties, homesickness, shyness, social anxiety, contact and relation problems, depression, mourning, eating problems, and stress. She also offers help with study problems: discipline, fear of failure, fear of public speaking, concentration, planning and dyslexia or helps to acquire more insight into the background of a study delay.
* As of the first week of February 2018 the Walk-in will be open daily
“Daily Walk-in counselling" in Forum (room 011, corridor right of the Student Desk). Open office for urgent support or short questions related to mental or social issues. Here you can tell your story in an accessible way in 15 minutes. During lunchbreak (between 12.30-13.30) there’s a student psychologist available. In the Walk-in, you can tell your story, get some tips if possible and/or you’ll get an advice of where to go to with your request for help.” All consultations are confidential.
* To make an appointment you can send us an e-mail. You’ll get an invitation from the first available psychologist. E-mail: Studentpsychologists@wur.nl
* In the intake appointment (+- 60 min.) we’ll listen to your story and you’ll receive an advice (an internal or external referral; some tips; schedule another appointment with one of us).
* All consultations are confidential.
* Please note that it will in general take up to 2 weeks for the first possible appointment.
* Students who need help on a short notice are advised to contact their family doctor, click here for the addresses. You are free to contact the doctors practice of your choice. In general the practice of doctor van der Duin/van Dinther will take new patients, the others might be full but you can always give it a try.
* Consultations are for free for WUR-students.
* It’s also possible to present your problems or questions to the student psychologists via e-mail. E-mail: Studentpsychologists@wur.nl
Visiting address: Nexus building (building no: 117, right across ‘Het Restaurant van de Toekomst’), Akkermaalsbos 14, 6708 WB Wageningen.
* PhD: If you are a PhD student with a scholarship you can use our services. PhD students with an AIO-contract should contact the company doctor or one of the occupational social workers. For contact details surf to www.intranet.wur.nl > people > Well-being & Health.
For emergencies, in case of a life-threatening psychological crisis, or if you feel the need to protect yourself from yourself:
* During the day: Phone your family doctor who can call the crisis service (e.g. family doctor practice van der Duin/van Dinther/Custers: 0317-466600).
* During the evening or weekends: Phone the General practice service (0318-200800) who can call the crisis service.
* Life threatening situation: Call 112.
* Suicidal thoughts: Dial 0900-0113 or chat www.113.nl.