Required documents (EU)

Documents to bring with you to the Netherlands
The following documents are required for official authorities and Wageningen University and should be arranged well in time and brought with you to the Netherlands.

• A valid passport or European Identity Card.
• A certified* copy of your Bachelor degree or Master degree.
• A certified* copy of your transcript of academic records (obtained during the bachelor or Master)

Official authorities:
• Your original birth certificate** mentioning your parents’ names (For Chinese students a “Hukou” birth certificate). (**Not nescessary for Municipality Wageningen and Ede)
• Your original marriage certificate (if applicable)
• An original certificate of divorce (if applicable)
• For widows/widowers – a marriage certificate and death certificate
• Questions about your birth certificate? Please contact the Municipality:

*certified copy: a certified copy is a duplicate of a document that shows the original signature and stamp or seal of a suitable professional person or organization to verify that it is a true and genuine copy of the original document. A photocopy of a certified copy is not acceptable. It is also possible to bring your original degree and transcript. We will make certified copies for you upon arrival.

Certified copies can be made by:
1. university which issued the diploma.
2. a solicitor.
3. Wageningen University (bring the original with you in order to make a certified copy)

Legalization of documents

In many countries birth and marriage certificates have to be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and verified by the Dutch Embassy.

Information about legalization is available at the Royal Netherlands Embassy in your country.