Do I need an entry visa and residence permit?

Not all students need to apply for an entry visa (MVV) and/or a residence permit.

In the table below you can check if you need to apply for either one of them. After that you can check the information that applies to you.

Country of origin MVV entry visa needed? Residence permit needed? Working permit needed?
EU/EFTA countries* NO NO NO
Croatia NO NO YES
Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New-Zealand, South Korea, U.S.A., Vatican City NO YES YES
All other countries YES YES YES

* EU/EFTA countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom.