On this page you can find all information about the application process to apply for an Erasmus+ exchange and an Erasmus+ grant for study.
Requirements to apply for Erasmus+ grant
You can apply for Erasmus+ grant after we have nominated you for an exchange period at one of the partner universities.
Procedures and forms
The European Union has made a detailed procedure for applications to their Erasmus+ exchange programme and . Please follow this procedure exactly. If you need help ask your to assist you.
Deadline application forms for Erasmus+ Grant:
First semester: June 1st
Second semester: November 1st
(For student thesis: please contact the )
Powerpoint: How to fill in required documents Erasmus+
Please check the notes in the PowerPoint.
Forms for application Erasmus+ grant
The Grant Agreement has to be . Administrators sign the document after application is completed.
The Grant Agreement has to be handed in before the deadline.
Save your document as: GA [Lastname]
E-mail it to the exchange administrators:
Grant Agreement for study exchange within all countries, except the United Kingdom:
Grant Agreement for study exchange in the United Kingdom:
To find the ISCED CODES, scroll down to Useful information to fill in the GA and (O)LA.
This is a contract that must be signed by the student, the home university (= WUR Exchange Coordinator) and receiving university (= university where you are going to study). From spring 2021 Online Learning Agreement (OLA) will be mandatory for all Erasmus+ exchange students, and all the signatures will be digital.
How to prepare and approve your OLA
1. Prepare your OLA after you have chosen your courses at the receiving university.
2. Create your OLA account on this site (the browser must be Chrome or Firefox): Create Online Learning Agreement
3. Create and fill in your OLA and finally sign it online (digitally by pointer/mouse). If necessary, you will find instructions in a PowerPoint here.
4. Your WUR Exchange Coordinator will automatically receive a notification by e-mail to sign your OLA once you have signed it.
5. Your receiving university will automatically receive a notification by e-mail to sign your OLA once your WUR Exchange Coordinator has signed it.
6. Once the receiving university has signed it, your OLA is complete.
7. You can now download your fully singed OLA in a pdf format
8. Save your document as: OLA [Last name]
9. E-mail it to the : email@example.com
The Online Learning Agreement needs to be handed in as soon as possible but no later than the start of your exchange period. As it sometimes takes some time and effort to get your Online Learning Agreement signed by all parties, we are a bit more flexible with the deadline of this document.
If you have difficulties with the OLA, because the partner university is not connected to the Erasmus Without Paper (EWP) yet or not at all, you can download the word document here:
Learning Agreement for study 2022-2023
To find the ISCED CODES, scroll down to Useful information to fill in the GA and OLA.
Information you need to fill in the GA and OLA:
If you are a BSc student; select the MSc code which is related to your BSc programme.
Useful information to fill in the Learning Agreement correctly:
For the Erasmus+ requirements you have to complete an online language test. The test is compulsory, eventhough you already did another language course because the EU monitors the influence on language skills through the exchange programme.
The invitation to the OLS assessment will follow after you handed in the Grant Agreement. You can find more information about the OLS here.
- Please make sure you hand in the full document and not only the pages you signed or filled!
- Please fill out all forms on a computer. Handwritten forms cannot be accepted.
- Make sure the contracts are complete (so we can see what you signed when opening your file). The printers at WUR can scan several pages to one PDF, see instructions at the printers. You can also use digital signs.
- Every document in a single file (so do not paste the Grant Agreement and Learning Agreement together).
- If you hand in your application after the deadlines for the Erasmus grant you will be added to our waiting list. Applications handed in after the start of your exchange will not be accepted at all and you will not have an Erasmus+ status (which means you have to pay tuition fees).