Internship/Thesis (International) Preparation

If you organized an internship or thesis abroad (in Europe), we may be able to provide you with an Erasmus+ grant.

Unfortunately we cannot help you with arranging an internship or thesis.

If you are looking for an internship or thesis you should contact the internship coordinator of your study field (check the websites of the chair groups for contact information), check the website of the WUR for Thesis and Internship Projects or ask your study advisor to talk about your personal combination of scientific and geographical interest. Moreover AIESEC offers internships (and volunteering) abroad to students.

    • If you have found a thesis within the EU, there are two options.
  1. Your thesis is at a partner university where you will be registered as a student (see exchange partner universities): you can apply for the Erasmus+ study grant.
  2. Your thesis is at a non-partner university or institution or at a partner university where you arenotregistered as a student: you can apply for the Erasmus+ Internship/thesis grant.

Ask the Erasmus+ administrators about the options.

If you are going outside the EU for your internship/thesis, the exchange office unfortunately does not provide scholarships.

You can check the grant finder on for other possibilities. For MIL, MID and MDR students travel funding may be available (no rights may be derived from this information).