Upon return Erasmus+ students

When you are a participant of the Erasmus+ program for study, you also have to e-mail some forms after your arrival back in the Netherlands.

If your stay exceeds more than 5 days in duration compared to the original duration mentioned on your signed grant agreement, you need to file for an extension period. Please go to Extension period abroad for more information, otherwise we cannot grant you for the extra days.      

Please send the following forms to erasmus.studentexchange@wur.nl. We do not accept hand written documents, only typed.

If you want to graduate on time, make sure to e-mail your documents within 6 weeks and inform the exchange team.

You will receive information about the second grant payment after you have handed in all the documents.

If you want to be involved with international students coming to Wageningen, make sure you contact ESN-Wageningen. Throughout the year they need buddies for incoming exchange students in Wageningen. For more information on ESN and their activities please see:www.esn-wageningen.nl

1. Statement receiving institution

The Statement of Receiving institution needs to be signed by the receiving institution and will be used to calculate the actual grant that the student should receive for the exchange period. The start date is the first day that you have to be present at the partner university, or the first day of the introduction days or the first day of the language course that you might participate in before the start of your study period. The end day is the last day that you have to be present at the partner university, this can be the last day of your exams or the last lesson day.

Statement Receiving Institution 2022-2023 New Zealand (Lincoln University)
Statement Receiving Institution 2022-2023 Israel (HUJI)

Statement Receiving Institution 2022-2023

- Please name the document when sending in: SRI [Lastname]

2. Original transcript of records (ToR)

Do not forget to ask your host institution for a Transcript of Records before you return to the Netherlands. The courses on the Transcript of Records have to correspond with those of the ‘Learning Agreement’.

The original transcript from the receiving instituition of your exchange has to be handed in as soon as it is available and has to be dated, signed and stamped.

Transcripts of Records can be handed in as follows:

  • Digitally secured pdf’s can be forwarded to erasmus.studentexchange@wur.nl.
  • Your host university can e-mail us a digital copy directly at erasmus.studentexchange@wur.nl.
  • Your host univervity can send us a hard copy by post:
    Study abroad office
    Room 57D Forum (building 102) Droevendaalsesteeg 2
    P.O. Box 414
    6708 PB Wageningen
    The Netherlands
  • You can come to the Erasmus Office (Forum kamer 57D) and we will scan your hard copy.

Transcript of Records not yet available?
In that case you can hand in your Transcript of Records and Academic Recognition Form when they become available. However, do hand in the other forms within 4 weeks.

3. Changed Learning Agreement (CLA)

In case your courses have changed during your exchange you have to hand in a Changed Learning Agreement (CLA). You can find this “During Mobility Agreement” as part of the Learning Agreement (LA). All courses that have changed need to be listed, mark courses you didn’t follow (in comparison to your original LA) as “deleted” and mark courses you followed extra (in comparison to your original LA) as “added”. Eventually your Academic Recognition Form, Transcript of Records and LA (supplemented with a CLA in case you need one) need to match.

And yes, the CLA needs to be signed by all 3 parties again:

by you, your host exchange coordinator and your home exchange coordinator.

- Please name the document when sending in: CLA [Last name]

4. Academic Recognition Form (ARF)

Academic Recognition Form for Erasmus+ students

The courses need to be the same in the (changed) Learning Agreement.

- Please name the document when sending in: ARF [Last name]
- Please send the document in Word.

5. Student report

You must fill in a questionnaire to provide feedback on your Erasmus Mobility period. You will receive this questionnaire from the EU as an online form in your mailbox after your exchange period. you have to fill this in and pres 'Submit'.

6. WURgoesabroad questionnaire

Fill in the questionnaire, and send it to erasmus.studentexchange@wur.nl, to inspire other students to go on study exchange and help them with preparing their study abroad. The questionnaires will be shared on wurgoesabroad.wur.nl

7. How to get your external grades registered in Osiris

We will send your grades to the examining boards after we have received your ARF and ToR. They will convert your external credits and grades.

Enter the courses you wish to use in the Osiris PlanApp and submit for approval together with your “Electives Motivation Form”. For instructions please go to Osiris student and select the PlanApp.

Please visit the page of the Examining Boards for more information on conversion of external credits and grades. It will take 2-3 weeks until your grades are visible in Osiris. During the holidays this may take even longer.

Conversion of credits and grades

Since credit and grading systems differ among countries and between universities, the credits and grades you obtain with external courses (including minors etc.) needs to be converted in order to fit in the WU credit and grading system.

Visit the page of the Examining Boards for more information on Conversion of external credits and grades. However, a description is written below as well. Since credit and grading systems differ among countries and between universities, the results you obtain with external courses (including minors etc.) will need to be converted in order to fit in the credit and grading system used by Wageningen University. Credit conversion The European Union agreed upon a study load ranging from 1500-1800 hours per year as being the standard. Like most universities in the European Union, Wageningen University uses ECTS credits. Credits from elsewhere are converted to ECTS credits via the information provided by your host institution and if necessary obtained/verified via other authorities, such as NUFFIC.

Grade conversion

The European Union agreed upon a common system for grade conversion: the ECTS grading table. Grading tables show how many students received a given grade in a given field of study at an education institution and enable a fair conversion of grades. The Examining Board compares the grading table from your host university with the grading table specific for your study programme at Wageningen University to determine your Wageningen University grade. Fictive example In country X at university Y, you receive an A (or a 10). If the grading table of university X shows that 30% of the students pass courses with this score or a higher score, you should get the grade that corresponds with the top 30%-point of the Wageningen University grade table, meaning your grade will be converted to an 8. For a visual explanation watch the 3-minute video ‘ECTS grading Tables provided by the European Commission.

Conservative grade conversion

The Examining Boards of Wageningen University convert grades conservatively in order to maintain the high quality standard of the diplomas decreed by Wageningen University. This means that when a grade translates into a range of for example 8-10, the grade will be converted into 8, 8.5 or perhaps 9. Only when there is additional information, such as a remark ‘with distinction’, or when you can prove that an examination was taken without any errors, may the Examination Board decide to convert into the higher end of the range.