Do you have a good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently? This is your chance. Advanced Speaking Skills offers you the opportunity to practise under the guidance of a native speaker!
Advanced Speaking Skills: C1-C2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to student’s need’s.
The course covers the following themes:
• Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques
• The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience
• Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language
• Debating/presenting/defending an argument
• Discussing your future plans and making predictions
• Discussing current affairs
• Using vague language
• Tactful and diplomatic language
• The importance of vocabulary and tone
• Socialising and telling anecdotes
• Idioms and expressions
• The idiosyncrasies of English
The course meets once a week for 12 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should plan to spend 2 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
This course is offered in February and September each year. The next course starts in September 2018.
|3 October||16 January||Wednesday||12.30-14.00 hrs.|
- 21st Century Communication 4
Employee fee: € 418
Regular fee: € 465
- Excluding course material
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card
Prior to registration: placement test
New course participants are obliged to take the free Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) to ensure that they are placed in the right course. Advanced Speaking Skills requires an OOPT score of at least 80. Please note: registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an OOPT appointment through our online calendar.
Please note that it is not possible to cancel your appointment online. If you cannot attend your appointment, please contact us:
T: +31 (0)317 48 25 52