Do you already have a reasonably good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently and comfortably? Do you want to continue practising your speaking skills? Speaking Skills is your chance!
Speaking Skills: B2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to the student need.
The course covers the following topics:
- Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques;
- The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience;
- Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language;
- On the work floor: talk about your job and your experiences as an employee;
- Discussing your future plans and making predictions;
- Discussing current affairs;
- Learning about vague language;
- The importance of vocabulary and tone;
- Socialising and telling anecdotes;
- Idioms and expressions;
- The idiosyncrasies of English.
The course meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should expect to spend 2 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
This course is offered in March and September each year. The next course will start in March 2020.
|Start date||End date||Course day||Time|
|March 5||May 28||Thursday||14.00 - 15.30 hrs|
- 21th Century Communication 3
If you follow the course as part of the Wageningen University & Research Language Policy, your skills will be tested in class. If you pass the course, you will receive a certificate from Wageningen in’to Languages. If you do not pass, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance, providing you have attended enough classes.
|Fees for employees||€ 555|
|Regular fee||€ 650|
- Excluding course material
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card
Prior to registration: placement test
New course participants are obliged to take the free Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) to ensure that they are placed in the right course. This course requires an OOPT score of at least 60-80. Please note: registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an OOPT appointment through our online calendar.
Please note that it is not possible to cancel your appointment online. If you cannot attend your appointment, please contact us:
T: +31 (0)317 48 25 52