Do you have a good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently? This is your chance! Advanced Speaking Skills offers you the opportunity to practise under the guidance of a native speaker!
Advanced Speaking Skills: C1-C2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to student’s need’s.
The course covers the following themes:
• Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques
• The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience
• Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language
• Debating/presenting/defending an argument
• Discussing your future plans and making predictions
• Discussing current affairs
• Using vague language
• Tactful and diplomatic language
• The importance of vocabulary and tone
• Socialising and telling anecdotes
• Idioms and expressions
• The idiosyncrasies of English
The course meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should plan to spend 2 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
This course is offered again in March 2021.
Does the registration page not list any dates yet?
Please use this form to indicate your interest, so we can keep you informed of new starting dates.
- 21st Century Communication 4
Employee fee: € 555 (Excluding course material)
Regular fee: € 650 (Excluding course material)
Prior to registration: placement test
For Advanced Speaking Skills an OOPT score of at least 80 is required. You can apply for the online OOPT by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an email containing a login code and an explanation of the test. You can take the test when it suits you. We advise you, however, to do so at your earliest opportunity. Tip: Make sure you are able to take the test without being disturbed. The test lasts a maximum of 80 minutes. It is not possible to pause the test and finish it at a later time. The test contains a listening component. Please use good headphones or speakers to listen to the audio fragments.