Do you have a good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently? This is your chance! Advanced Speaking Skills offers you the opportunity to practise under the guidance of a native speaker!
Advanced Speaking Skills: C1-C2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to student’s need’s.
The course covers the following themes:
• Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques
• The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience
• Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language
• Debating/presenting/defending an argument
• Discussing your future plans and making predictions
• Discussing current affairs
• Using vague language
• Tactful and diplomatic language
• The importance of vocabulary and tone
• Socialising and telling anecdotes
• Idioms and expressions
• The idiosyncrasies of English
The course meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should plan to spend 2 hours on homework each week. Maximum amount of participants is 9.
Dates and times
|Start date||End date||Day||Time||Status|
|2 March||18 May||Tuesday||10.00-11.30||Fully booked|
If you would like to take this course but it is either full or does not list a starting date that suits you, please click here and you will be notified once you can sign up for new dates.
To receive a Wageningen in'to Languages certificate, a minimum attendance of 80% is required.
- 21st Century Communication 4
After having registered for this course, you will receive additional information about the course materials in due time.
Employee fee: € 555 (Excluding course material)
Regular fee: € 650 (Excluding course material)