Do you already have a reasonably good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently and comfortably? Do you want to continue practising your speaking skills? Speaking Skills is your chance!
Speaking Skills: B2 CEFR
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to the student need.
The course covers the following topics:
- Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques
- The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience
- Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language
- On the work floor: talk about your job and your experiences as an employee
- Discussing your future plans and making predictions
- Discussing current affairs
- Learning about vague language
- The importance of vocabulary and tone
- Socialising and telling anecdotes
- Idioms and expressions
- The idiosyncrasies of English
The course meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should expect to spend 2 hours on homework each week. The maximum number of participants per group is 9.
Dates and times
The course Speaking Skills is offered annually in March and September.
If you would like to take this course but it is either full or does not list a starting date that suits you, please click here and you will be notified once you can sign up for new dates.
- 21th Century Communication 3
After having registered for this course, you will receive additional information about the course materials in due time.
To receive a Wageningen in'to Languages certificate, a minimum attendance of 80% is required.
Fees (excl. course materials)
WUR employees: € 555
Regular fee: € 650
In case you are a WUR employee, please contact your supervisor. If they approve your taking this course in the context of your work at WUR, you can do so free of charge.