Do you already have a reasonably good command of English but would like to speak even more fluently and comfortably? Do you want to continue practising your speaking skills? Speaking Skills is your chance!
Speaking Skills: B2 (CEFR)
Each session has a specific theme. These may range from discussing current affairs based on a thought-provoking column to talking through a case study. The themes of each class are partially determined by the students on the course, thus creating a course that caters to the student need.
The course covers the following topics:
- Effective vocabulary recording and learning techniques;
- The world of work: discussing your work and professional experience;
- Developing an argument and the use of persuasive language;
- On the work floor: talk about your job and your experiences as an employee;
- Discussing your future plans and making predictions;
- Discussing current affairs;
- Learning about vague language;
- The importance of vocabulary and tone;
- Socialising and telling anecdotes;
- Idioms and expressions;
- The idiosyncrasies of English.
The course meets once a week for 10 weeks. Each class is 1.5 hours. You should expect to spend 2 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
This course will be offered in March 2021.
Does the registration page not list any dates yet?
Please use this form to indicate your interest, so we can keep you informed of new starting dates.
- 21th Century Communication 3
If you follow the course as part of the Wageningen University & Research Language Policy, your skills will be tested in class. If you pass the course, you will receive a certificate from Wageningen in’to Languages. If you do not pass, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance, providing you have attended enough classes.
|Fees for employees||€ 555|
|Regular fee||€ 650|
- Excluding course material
Prior to registration: placement test
For Speaking Skills an OOPT score between 60 and 80 is required. You can apply for the online OOPT by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an email containing a login code and an explanation of the test. You can take the test when it suits you. We advise you, however, to do so at your earliest opportunity. Tip: Make sure you are able to take the test without being disturbed. The test lasts a maximum of 80 minutes. It is not possible to pause the test and finish it at a later time. The test contains a listening component. Please use good headphones or speakers to listen to the audio fragments.