In order to apply for the MSc Biology programme, applicants must complete the application form and submit it with all necessary documents. The Academic Committee of Admissions will review the application based on the applicant’s academic record (curriculum, Grade Point Average and final thesis report or research paper) and/or relevant work experience. The applicants will be informed of the Committee’s decision by letter.
Application: Dutch Students
Application: EU/EFTA Students
Application: Outside EU/ETFA Students
Are you still in the process of obtaining your Bachelor's degree?
Students in the final year of their BSc programme may also apply for admission prior to their graduation. The Academic Committee of Admissions can tentatively admit a student based on:
- A transcript of his/her academic record
- An overview of the relevant research he/she has conducted
- An official letter from the home university stating that the student will have completed all the requirements of the BSc programme before 1 August of the year he/she wants to start.
After graduation, students must submit their BSc certificate before 1 September of the year he/she wants to start. For more information about the pre-master programme, go to the "schakelprogramma" page (only in Dutch).
If you have other questions you can ask Arno Hoetmer, the MSc Biology study advisor: email@example.com.
To take part in the MSc Biology programme, you must have met the general requirements for Wageningen University. In addition, there are also specific requirements for the MSc Biology programme.
Specific requirements for a MSc in Biology
You have obtained a BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to the MSc Biology programme:
- Unconditional admission with regard to content: With a BSc Biology degree from a Dutch University (the general requirements of Wageningen University should still be met).
- Possible admission: With a BSc from Wageningen University or a bachelor from a Dutch HBO.
- International students admission: depends on the previous education.
Possible admission means that an individual pre-master programme might be required (the pre-master programme is only for Dutch students). This pre-master programme is a period (usually 0.5 to 1 years) in which the student follows courses to increase his or her background knowledge up to the required level.
Attention: If you have an HBO degree in a green subject it does not necessarily mean that you are admissible to the MSc Biology programme. We expect you to have (possible after a pre-master programme) the knowledge on all the subjects that are taught at the BSc Biology at Wageningen University. This means that if you have graduated at an HBO, you can be admissible after a pre-master programme, but you can also be not admissible. To avoid disappointments you should start the application procedure on time to see if you are admissible.
International students; to find out if your previous education is sufficient enough to take part in the MSc Biology programme you should start the application procedure.
Tuition fees can vary, depending on for example your nationality and degree.
- For questions on the admission procedure you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Arno Hoetmer, the MSc Biology study advisor: email@example.com