Design your tailor made study programme
Together with your study advisor you can design a tailor made study programme. Below you see which elements are part of a MSc Biology study programme:
The following compulsory courses must be successfully completed by all students taking part in the MBI programme:
- Frontiers in Biology (6 ECTS): This course deals with the latest developments in biology and covers a wide range of themes. Highlights in modern biology will be addressed by studying recent articles and by keynote speakers who are active in various biological disciplines.
- Academic consultancy training (9 ECTS): During this course students will work in groups on an assignment for an external client.
- Modular skills training (3 ECTS): The modular skills training teaches skills that are necessary for graduates to function in jobs at MSc level. These skills are obtained by selecting and following a couple of modules.
- Thesis (36 ECTS): The thesis must be a minimum of 30 credits, which is carried out within one of the nine specialisations.
- Internship (24 ECTS): The internship must be a minimum of 24 credits, which is carried out within one of the nine specialisations.
The MSc Biology offers nine specialisations:
The combination of specialisation and optional courses gives students the opportunity to graduate with a profile that is tailor made to their specific interests.
Courses of the MSc Biology are listed in the online Study Handbook.