Students who wish to enrol in the MSc Development and Rural Innovation Programme at Wageningen University must have:
- At least a BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to the specific programme selected.
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the BSc study of at least 70% of the maximum scale.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
To be accepted into this programme, students must have a bachelor's degree in the technical sciences, life sciences or management sciences. Preferably, this degree should be related to agricultural and rural development, natural resource management, the food industry or similar fields. However, degrees in other fields can be included as well.
Students with a social science background should apply to the International Development Studies programme (MID), which is closely related to Development and Rural Innovation.
Technical or life science bachelor's at Wageningen University? If you have done one of the following studies, you are unconditionally admitted:
- WU BSc Agrotechnologie (Biosystems Engineering)
- WU BSc Biologie (Biology)
- WU BSc Biotechnologie (Biotechnology)
- WU BSc Bodem, Water, Atmosfeer (Soil, Water, Atmosphere)
- WU BSc Bos- en Natuurbeheer (Forest and Nature Conservation)
- WU BSc Dierwetenschappen (Animal Sciences)
- WU BSc Internationaal Land- en Waterbeheer (International Land and Water Management)
- WU BSc Landschapsarchitectuur en ruimtelijke planning (Landscape, Architecture and Planning)
- WU BSc Levensmiddelentechnologie (Food Technology)
- WU BSc Milieuwetenschappen (Environmental Sciences)
- WU BSc Moleculaire Levenswetenschappen (Molecular Life Sciences)
- WU BSc Plantenwetenschappen (Plant Sciences)
- WU BSc Voeding en Gezondheid (Nutrition and Health)
Other studies with possible admission (admission board Social Sciences):
- WO B Advanced Technology
- WO B Applied Earth Sciences
- WO B Biologie
- WO B Biomedische wetenschappen
- WO B Bouwkunde
- WO B Diergeneeskunde
- WO B Civiele techniek
- WO B Future Planet studies
- WO B Life science & Technology
- WO B Milieu-natuurwetenschappen
- WO B Natuurwetenschap en Innovatiemanagement
- HBO B Bos- en Natuurbeheer
- HBO B Civiele Techniek
- HBO B Dier- en Veehouderij
- HBO B Diermanagement
- HBO B Horticulture & Business management
- HBO B International Development management
- HBO B International Food & Agribusiness
- HBO B Kust- en Zeemanagement
- HBO B Land- en Watermanagement
- HBO B Milieukunde
- HBO B Plattelandsvernieuwing
- HBO B Toegepaste Biologie
- HBO B Tropische Landbouw
- HBO B Tuinbouw en Akkerbouw
- HBO B Voedingsmiddelentechnologie
Please submit your application as soon as possible and certainly within the deadlines set by the Student Service Centre.Application deadlines for Dutch students, EU students and Non-EU/EFTA students
Tuition fees can vary, depending on for example your nationality and degree.
The MSc Development and Rural innovation is a two year programme, registered with DUO as a one year programme.
Inform yourself on your entitlement to a supplementary grant, study loan and a travel product through the DUO website.
Or contact the Student Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org/ tel.: 0317-483618
Dutch students with a supplementary grant from DUO may be eligible for a one year's grant from Wageningen University in addition to a one year supplementary grant from DUO. Read more about the '5th year' of study finance (in Dutch).