|Research Methods in Environmenta Sciences|
|Trends in Forest and Nature Conservation|
|Forest and Nature Policy: Theoretical Perspectives|
|Communities, Conservation and Development|
|Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics|
|International Environmental Policy|
|Environment and Development|
|Decision Making in Forest and Nature Management: Theory and Practice|
|Methodology for Field Research in the Social Sciences|
|Thesis Forest and Nature Conservation Policy|
Within the specialisation Policy & Society, a special track is offered, called Sustainable Development Diplomacy (SDD). This track is offered in cooperation with:
- Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Tufts University, Cambridge (USA)
- Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Sustainability Challenge Foundation
The purpose of the programme is to provide (future) academics, practitioners and leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors a combination of theory and practice of international diplomacy and negotiations in the field of sustainable development, allowing them to better tackle the world's most challenging problems. Non-state actors are now allowed to play their roles in international diplomacy (for example, environmental non-governmental organisations), whereas private instruments to address sustainability issues are emerging (such as certification schemes for sustainable forest management).
Students who successfully complete this track will receive a special SDD certificate besides their master diploma. In order to guarantee academic excellence, there will be a procedure to select excellent and motivated students. The details of the selection procedure will be announced later.
This SDD track consists, among others, the following elements:
- You are required to follow the specialization Policy & Society
- You do a specially developed negotiations simulation
- You do a special Academic Consultancy Training (ACT)
- You can do a Minor Thesis or Internship at Fletcher School (USA), or an Internship at the World Bank (USA) or a sister institution in the second year
- Your major SDD thesis must be written with the group Forest and Nature Conservation Policy Group (FNP).