In the first year of the Agroecology specialisation you study in Wageningen. Below you will find the programme outline of the first and second semester. More information about the courses can be found in the Study Handbook.
Semester 1 (30 ECTS): Wageningen
- W1: Organic Agriculture and Society (6 ECTS).
- W3: Modular Skills Training (3 ECTS).
- W4: Choose one out of two (6 ECTS): Advanced Statistics or Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics.
- W5: Choose one out of five (6 ECTS): Analysis and Design of Organic Farming Systems, Agroecology, Functional Diversity for Sustainable Crop Production, Quantitative Analysis of Land Use Systems or Integrated Natural Resource Management in Organic Agriculture.
Semester 2 (30 ECTS): Wageningen
- W6: Elective courses (9 ECTS) to complete 60 ECTS of semester 1 and 2.
- W7: Choose one internship or one minor thesis (24 ECTS): Biological Farming Systems, Crop and Weed Ecology, Plant Production Systems or Soil Quality.
The second year you will transfer to Supérieur d'agroalimentaire Rhône-Alpes (ISARA-Lyon) in Lyon, France for semester 3. Semester 4 you will work on your master thesis in either Lyon or Wageningen.
Semester 3 (30 ECTS): Lyon
- F1: Agriculture and landscape management in a particular agricultural region (4 ECTS).
- F2: Agroecological cropping practices (7 ECTS).
- F3: World agroecosystems and agricultural use (5 ECTS).
- F4: Management of agroecosystems: implications from policies and nature conservation (6 ECTS).
- F5: Group project management (8 ECTS).
Semester 4 (30 ECTS): Wageningen or Lyon
- Master thesis, co-supervised.