This information is meant for students registered at Wageningen University & Research who would like to perform an internship through our Division and for staff involved in supervision of internships.
The objective of the internship is to further develop your professional (= academic) skills and broaden your scope on future work by participation in a professional organisation in the field of nutrition and health. The organisation should be able to allow you to work at an academic level. The internship at the division of Human Nutrition is usually scheduled after first completing a thesis. Internships can be conducted in one of the areas related to the five Chairs of the Division of Human Nutrition.
For internships supervised by the Division of Human Nutrition, several internship advisors are available, each with their own area of expertise.
The coordination and administration of the internships is supported by the student secretariat of the Division of Human Nutrition.
Documents and links
- Our online MSc thesis & internship shop (WUR account needed)
- Wageningen University & Research internship contract: download in pdf or in Word
- Guidelines for the external supervisor of the internship (PDF, 61Kb)
- Assessment form for the external supervisor of the internship (XLS)
- Student Charter: students that will do either thesis fieldwork of internship in tropical or developing countries, might qualify for a travel fund from Wageningen University & Research. See Appendix VIII of the Student Charter.
If you would like to perform an internship you are expected to take the steps on the page ‘Actions to be taken’ on the right.