At AEW we have many projects involving the marine ecosystem. This page shows an overview of the current projects and recent publications.
Ongoing PhD projects (per supervisor):
- Anja Cervencl
- Maarten de Jong The ecological effects of deep sand extraction on the Dutch continental shelf. Implications for future extraction
- Arno Kangeri
- Pascalle Jacobs
- Marjolein Post;
- Fokje Schaafsma The living resources of the polar ocean
- Didier de Bakker
Marin van Regteren Sediment for salt marshes: the ecological aspects of a Mud Motor
- Mariska Weijerman; A Pacific An integrated ecosystem model for the coral reefs around Guam
- Edison Macusi
- Widhya Nugroho Satrioajie
- Ellen Besseling; Fate and effects of micro- and nanoplastic in the aquatic environment
- Ariadna Szczybelski Ciordia; Development of Arctic biological indicators for the impact assessment of (new) human activities
- Noël Diepens; Evaluation of test methods for measuring toxicity to sediment organisms.
PLASTICOD: Microplastic food web accumulation project
- Sophie Brasseur; Individuality in grey and harbour seals in the Netherlands, reflected in distribution, diving behaviour and diet
- Mardik Leopold; You are what you eat - how seabirds, seals and porpoises exploit food sources available to them
- Ingrid van de Leemput: Dynamics of biotic-abiotic interactions in coral ecosystems.
Finished PhD projects
Recent key publications