24 September 2017
BioAtlantis Ltd. is an Irish biotechnology company, specializing in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal, and human markets. As part of our expansion, we are recruiting a nematologist with a strong background in soil science and cropping system improvements. The candidate will drive the development of biostimulant products which sustainably enhance crop yield in a variety of soil agro ecosystems.
- Contribute experimentally and intellectually to develop robust methods for nematode control in plants at in house and field trial level.
- Discover new methods of controlling nematodes.
- Communicate and guide the R&D team working on plant-nematode interactions.
- Maintain nematode colonies and establish new colonies.
- Develop and improve bioassays for studying plant nematode interactions and resistance.
Skills & Experience:
- Must be highly skilled in nematode culturing.
- Expertise in conducting greenhouse and field trials is required.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of nematology, soil science and soil ecosystems.
- Excellent agronomic skills, practical expertise and knowledge of plant-nematode interactions is required.
- Previous experience working with a range of crops, plant parasitic nematodes and soil ecosystems.
- Expertise in field sampling, crop monitoring, sample collection, processing and statistical analysis.
- Practical knowledge of greenhouse and field crop production, integrated pest management and agronomic practices.
- Ability to conduct routine soil sampling and processing for soil microbiology and nematology analyses.
- Familiar with nematode extraction methods and sample purification.
- Proficiency in microscopy, with quantification and identification of various plant parasitic nematodes an advantage.
- Experience in agrochemical handling and application; ensures compliance with all field quality and safety standards and SUD regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyse technical issues, develop and execute solution/mitigation strategies.
- Competent in experimental design, statistical analysis and technical report writing.
Qualifications & experience
- MSc. or PhD specializing in nematology or soil microbiology.
- Postdoctoral experience is advantageous.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience working in the industrial setting is required, preferably in a leadership role.
- Proven track record in developing a product for counteracting nematodes.
- Attentive to detail with an excellent ability to document results and report findings.
- Must be highly organized, focused and have excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary is negotiable. Please send a concise cover letter and clear CV to hr[at]bioatlantis[dot]com by the 14th October, 2017. This position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial R&D: 3 years
Please review all application instructions before applying to BioAtlantis Ltd..