This Wageningen University & Research internal partnership aims to be a key player in the field of welfare and adaptation of production animals, both at a national and international level.
The Wageningen University & Research, Animal Welfare & Adaptation is a partnership of three research groups with strong expertise in animal welfare and adaptation: chair goup Adaptation Physiology, the chair group Behavioural Ecology and the Wageningen Livestock Research department Animal Welfare. The combination of two academic research groups and a contract research group forms a research area that covers the whole range from fundamental research to practical application.
Wageningen University & Research, Animal Welfare & Adaptation's main scientific disciplines are Stress physiology, Veterinary science, Animal Behaviour, Animal husbandry science, Energy metabolism, Reproduction , Veterinary health and Immunology. The research covers farm animals, companion animals and animals in the wild.
The expertise in these areas is applied in 8 themes related to animal welfare and adaptation:
- Animal Behaviour
- Behavioural physiology
- Accommodation and behaviour
- Measuring & monitoring welfare
- Reproduction and Stress physiology
- Animal health
- Wageningen Livestock Research department Animal Health & Welfare
- Wageningen University & Research chair group Adaptation Physiology
- Wageningen University & Research chair group Behavioural Ecology
- Animal Welfare Web (in Dutch)