References imported from PubMed do not include links to the full-text of the articles. However the references will include the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) if it is present in the PubMed record. You can turn the DOI into a link to full-text by typing http://dx.doi.org/ in front of the number, e.g. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60109-3.
Alternatively you can use of the PMID number. This filter, PubMed(WUR).enf, places the PMID in the URL field. With this number a link can be created to the SFX-menu of the library. In this case you will be able to see if the library has a subscription to the electronic or print version of a journal or not.
- First make a download of search results from PubMed in the usual way and import them using the improved PubMed filter.
- While the new references only are displaying in the EndNote library window, click on "References" on the menu bar, and select "Change and Move Fields".
- When the dialog box opens, the "Change Fields" tab is selected by default.
- On this tab, go to the "In" box and select the "URL" field.
- Then check the option "Insert before field's text" and type in the window: http://library.wur.nl.ezproxy.library.wur.nl/sfx_local?sid=Entrez:PubMed&id=pmid:
- At the bottom, "uncheck" the option "Include a space after the new text".
- Click on the "OK" button, and EndNote will insert the text before the PMID in the URL field of each reference.
All new references should now have a link in the URL field leading to the SFX-menu of the library. If you are not working on the campus network, please log in on the library website first. When you are logged in you will have access to all the electronic journals WUR Library subscribes to.