This workpackage deals with the integration of the different process steps and technologies into a "System of Systems" that will unify access to the BIO_SOS services for the end users.
The envisaged EODHaM System will consist of the following main components:
The development and/or enhancement of the single components is in charge of WP5 and 6, while WP3 deals with all technical integration aspects, assisted also by outcomes from WP2 and WP4.
The work is subdivided into the following tasks:
- 3.1 Service chain operational workflow
- 3.2 System Design
- 3.3 Subsystem Integration Design
- 3.4 Development
- 3.5 System Integration
All the work will be based on a proper service chain definition, which is crucial for the correct implementation of the entire system. The service chain is the technological implementation of a pre-defined methodology defining the relation between elements (building blocks) and providing, as a result, geospatial information in support of habitat monitoring.
The workflow has to be defined taking into account four principal aspects:
- Ordering, receiving and delivering of the EO data from the data GMES Space Component Data Access system (GSCDA) to the service providers
- Definition of the service chain partners’ role within the service chain
- Definition of the transfer way of input/output products between the service providers
- Validation of the delivered products
As mentioned before, WP3 is highly interdependent with many other work-packages, as shown also by the work-logic:
Hereafter we loosely list some requirements and technical key challenges that will have to be addressed and refined throughout the project (and subsequently updated):
- Integrate different technologies and different levels of automation
- Put emphasis on service chain, workflow and interfaces definition
- Specific for but not limited to BIO_SOS envisaged use cases
- Service Oriented Architecture based
- System of Systems” approach
- Implement recurrent functionalities in a common way
- Ease data access and data flow between processing facilities
- Define common “service endpoint” interfaces
- Integrate human interaction into the workflows
- Information flow based on standards
- Implement security and access restrictions
- Integration of GMES Space Component Data Access workflows
- Data and product catalogues
- Product distribution.