Car/Driving license

The ANWB Automobile Association, Molenstraat 80, 6711 AW Ede, tel. 088-269 3240, offers a wide range of information, services and items for travelling. They provide information on national and international road traffic, sell books on travelling and camping as well as maps and other useful articles for the cyclist and the motorist. You can also find information on importing or exporting cars and and they sell travel insurance. For a number of ANWB services, you need to become a member of the association.

Any foreign visitor coming from an EU country, incl. Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, can continue using their national driving license for ten years. For other countries, an international license may be required. You may use your own license or the international license for a maximum of six months. People from the above mentioned countries as well as a few others can exchange their license for a Dutch one. We advise you to ask for detailed information at the municipality, tel. (0317) 492911.